Friday, January 10, 2014

I Really, REALLY Miss You Dad


My Dad... I only knew a few guys as tough as you. Two of them were preachers well into their late 80's; another guy is still alive, and tough as nails, just like you were. You were like some unstoppable force; it seemed as if you would always be around...



I remember when you flipped your ATV; you were in your 60's. That was the only time I ever remember you being down, but, you weren't down for long.

I remember when you started your new job a year and a half ago. Most people have a hard time finding work, but you've worked your entire life, and at 70 years old, you left a job for a better one.

I really miss you dad. I'm sorry I didn't live up to your expectations... God has been doing some amazing things in my life, and I know you didn't understand. I wanted to show you, but it wasn't time yet. I thought maybe when I could show you what God has called me to do, you might understand then...

When Tony called that morning and said you had a heart attack, I prayed. When I got done, it seemed like everything was okay. I just thought I'd go sit with mom till Tony got off work; I thought you were going to be fine. I had this thought though- "you should have had that cup of coffee..."

You know, when you stopped by my place a few days before to check on me,
I offered you a cup of coffee? I didn't know that was the last time I was going to see you...

I wish you would have had that cup of coffee with me...

I remember a long time ago when you told me that you and mom dedicated my life to the Work of Christ when I was little... but you never got to see it come to fruition. I really wanted you to see my ministry when it was in full swing... but it hasn't started yet, and you're gone.

I hate leaving things undone, and I don't know how to fix this.

I just really thought if you saw all the people getting saved, if you could see all the cool things God has shown me, actually happening, then you'd understand... then maybe I would feel approved in your eyes...

The Bible says I have ALL things in Christ...

I just really, REALLY miss you dad...

 - -

No comments:

Post a Comment