Sunday, May 29, 2011

Due to circumstances and events, I got to do some visiting tonight. I was shocked by what I saw in the "church community".

I guess the Sunday Evening service is becoming a thing of the past. I hopped across town trying to find something going on and I was disappointed.

Due to offenses and accusations in church, I had to shut down my FaceBook account. I may have to turn it back on so I can find stuff since everybody is on FB but not necessarily doing websites anymore.

I'm just shocked at the state of affairs. I can't even get people to talk to me so I can attempt to apologize.  And these are "elders" in the church and the pastor! I would really like to try to make things right...

And, the more I type, the more words there are to be used against me behind closed doors and behind my back.

God puts me in mind of these:

Psalms 53:2-5 NLT-

"God looks down from heaven on the entire human race; He looks to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God.

"But no, all have turned away; all have become corrupt. No one does good, not a single one!

"Will those who do evil never learn? They eat up my people like bread and wouldn't think of praying to God.

"Terror will grip them, terror like they have never known before. God will scatter the bones of your enemies. You will put them to shame, for God has rejected them."

Eeks!

I don't hold this to anybody's charge; I'd really like to have an opportunity to try to make things right.

2 Timothy 4:16 NLT

"The first time I was brought before the judge, no one came with me. Everyone abandoned me. May it not be counted against them."

Ah,

Philippians 2:13 NLT-

"For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him."
--

No comments:

Post a Comment