Sunday, May 29, 2011

Spiritual Weapons

2 Corinthians 10:3-4 KJV  (3)  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:  (4)  (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Okay, so they aren't carnal. But what exactly are they?

Isaiah 37:28-29 KJV  But I know thy abode, and thy going out, and thy coming in, and thy rage against me.  (29)  Because thy rage against me, and thy tumult, is come up into mine ears, therefore will I put my hook in thy nose, and my bridle in thy lips, and I will turn thee back by the way by which thou camest.

Okay, there's two: a hook (for the nose) and a bridle (for the mouth).

Isaiah 41:15-16 ESV  Behold, I make of you a threshing sledge, new, sharp, and having teeth; you shall thresh the mountains and crush them, and you shall make the hills like chaff;  (16)  you shall winnow them, and the wind shall carry them away, and the tempest shall scatter them. And you shall rejoice in the LORD; in the Holy One of Israel you shall glory.

A threshing sledge. This is like a cheese grater the size of a surfboard that you ride on as it is pulled by two animals. It appears this one will grind the "strong holds" of the greatest size into powder to be blown away by the wind.

 --

No comments:

Post a Comment